ICAO, FSF to join info, metrics in order to boost awareness. Good.
A variety of interesting takes on US airlines’ lack of accidents record, “Fatal air crash decline presents safety challenge” by Joan Lowy of Associated Press.
As a veteran of around two dozen FlightSafety visits, I have to say, I’m a better, more professional pilot, thanks in large part to Mr. Ueltschi.
CAPA reports on government statements of import this week.
Safe flying is job #1 as we pilots know; sometimes passengers and pilot bosses around the world put other issues first, pressuring pilots to press on.
In India recently a military pilot who declined to fly a prominent politician due to concerns about the weather is being praised for the decision.
Hopefully this marks an important trend that will continue to be emulated.
- Glasgow Helicopter Crash Probe Finds No Evidence of Engine Problems - Wall Street Journal December 9, 2013
- Robert Wells pleased with response on helicopter safety - The Telegram December 6, 2013
- Helicopter's safe insists MP Brian Donohoe - Scottish Daily Record December 5, 2013
- Concerns over safety of helicopter in Glasgow crash - Socialist Worker December 3, 2013
- Glasgow helicopter crash: early answer on cause unlikely, say experts - The Guardian December 1, 2013
RotorBest posts by date
December 2013 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31